Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Greetings

Howdy,
After spending many years passionately pursuing the craft of woodworking, I thought I might share some of that passion with like-minded individuals and anyone else, really, who is interested in wood, tools, antiques and the frequent cool objects that come into my shop for a visit. My intent is to mainly provide a visual glimpse into my world with illuminating (hopefully) words. I've never done this before, so bear with me as I navigate the blogosphere, and hopefully we'll all get something out of this adventure.

Today's image is to the right. It's my shop, which I built on my property in 1995. Its a two-story wood frame building 20' by 30'. The deal I struck with my wife to buy this property was that I "need" to build a shop before I could do any work on the house. She shrewdly agreed. We both think we got the better end of the bargain. She definitely is not the shoemakers wife! As luxurious as it appears, and it is, I often feel cramped for space, the result of lots of ongoing projects, materials, and way too many tools (did I actually write that?).

4 comments:

  1. Dan,
    Good luck with this new adventure. I look forward to your musings.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Blog Danny, informative and interesting! I'm looking forward to reading more of your insight from your woodworking life!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Danny. Also got a chance to check out your website for the first time. Great work!


    Mike S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dan, Great blog, can"t wait to see end result of the 0ne ring circus.. Dad

    ReplyDelete